More than 1000 (1008 to be precise) Business Listings were hijacked over a 5 day period. Business details were changed, such as number of rooms, prices, phone & fax numbers, property description and lot’s more. Also, more than 80 fake “Management Responses” were posted. TripAdvisor tried frantically to stop this, they even deleted ALL Management Responses posted over a 7 day period, even the genuine ones got deleted, because they could and can not weed out the good from the fake.
We posted a video ( see below) a few days before all these business accounts were hijacked, as usual, TripAdvisor just sat back and did nothing.. Now they have more than 1000 seeded business accounts, and there is NOTHING they can do about it..
As you can see, on both the video and screenshots, TripAdvisor does NOTHING to safeguard your business.. ANYONE can manage ANY business posted on their site..
In the coming weeks / months, we will be posting and notifying the hotels that have been Hijacked.
First on the list >> Trump International Hotel and Tower New York >> It took just 52 seconds for a complete stranger to make full changes to this hotel..
The content of this article was provided by various sources (emails, messages, etc..) and is for educational purpose & security awareness only. If any law enforcement agency or press related agencies need more Information, please feel free to Contact us.
Latest posts by TripAdvisor Warning (see all)
- Protected: TripAdvisor user Accounts hacked using OAuth vulnerability - April 17, 2013
- Fake TripAdvisor Review Challenge part 2 of many - November 16, 2012
- TripAdvisor hopes we are all idiots including YOU - November 15, 2012
- Veterans being destroyed by TripAdvisor - November 14, 2012
- TripAdvisor and how they claim to rank your listing - November 2, 2012