At exactly 4am this morning ( UK ) a Hacker or Group going by the name <3RR0R> hacked and defaced TripAdvisor UK. It seems the site was defaced for a full 12 minutes before TripAdvisor managed to restore the original page. So far no info has been released if the hackers also managed to get any other info such as user names, passwords, or credit card details. It is also not known if any other damage was done. We are quite sure TripAdvisor will play it down just like 3 months ago, telling all their users.. ALL IS WELL..
.:: this article was sent to us, and just like TripAdvisors filthy degrading reviews has not been validated ::.
Latest posts by TripAdvisor Warning (see all)
- TripAdvisor warning posts 6 Fake reviews for Italian Watchdog - December 23, 2014
- Your business and reputation destroyed by positive reviews on TripAdvisor - May 3, 2014
- Greedy and Unethical thanks to TripAdvisor - February 19, 2014
- Protected: TripAdvisor user Accounts hacked using OAuth vulnerability - April 17, 2013
- Fake TripAdvisor Review Challenge part 2 of many - November 16, 2012